East & Westbrook Construction, Inc.
Full Job Description
- The basic responsibility for employee health and safety rests with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all employees to conduct their work in a safe and healthful manner.
- Works in accordance with good safety practices as directed by federal, state and local laws, codes and standards, as well as any instructions pertaining to a specific operation/job.
- Accepts responsibility for their own safety and reports all unsafe conditions or acts to their immediate supervisor.
- Reports all incidents or injuries immediately upon occurrence to their supervisor.
- Refrains from any unsafe acts that may endanger themselves or others.
- Wears appropriate attire and footwear for the work environment to be encountered.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as required and maintains it in a serviceable condition.
- Manages all aspects of safety and health on construction sites.
- Inspects and evaluates project sites, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations.
- Plan, control and coordinate all work to eliminate hazards, minimize risks, and aggressively manage losses involving injuries or property damage.
- Works directly with project managers and the management team to develop and implement an effective safety plan.
- Facilitates or participates in incident investigations and near miss reporting.
- Implements all drug testing procedures for pre-hire, reasonable cause, random and post incident.
- Assists with orienting new hires and walking them on to job sites following the completion of orientation.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Criminal Justice, or Construction Management required.
- No less than 3 to 5 years of experience in heavy construction, rail and Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) projects managing safety or a related field.
- OSHA 500 required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of safety leadership to both management and craft workers.
- Knowledge and experience in the following: Federal, State and local regulations in Safety and Industrial Hygiene
- Hazard recognition and analysis
- OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI
- Current training in First Aid, CPR and AE
- Demonstrated ability to take complex information and communicate it in either written or verbal format.
- Motivated to learn and develop additional skills
- Certified Safety Professional and/or Construction Health and Safety Technician preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $33.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
This position description is subject to review and revision at management’s discretion.