¿Quieres ver esta página en español?
East & Westbrook Construction, Inc.
Reports to: Foreman
- Despite every effort made by the Company the basic responsibility for employee health and safety rests with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all employees to conduct their work in a safe and healthful manner.
- Works in accordance with good safety practices as directed by federal, state and local laws, codes and standards, as well as any instructions pertaining to a specific operation/job.
- Accepts responsibility for their own safety and reports all unsafe conditions or acts to their immediate supervisor.
- Reports all accidents or injuries immediately upon occurrence to their supervisor. Reports for medical treatment as directed.
- Refrains from any unsafe acts that may endanger themselves or others.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or unsafe personal acts to their supervisor immediately.
- Participates in an accident investigation as requested.
- Wears appropriate attire and footwear for the work environment to be encountered.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as required and maintains it in a serviceable condition.
- Uses machines, equipment, tools, and blowtorches to shape steel rods for use in concrete projects.
- Understand the construction process and how rods reinforce concrete foundation or framing.
- Determines quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions.
- Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
- Positions and secures steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, or hand tools.
- Cuts rods to required lengths, using metal shears, hacksaws, bar cutters, or acetylene torches.
- Place blocks under rebar to hold the bars off the deck when reinforcing floors.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- No less than 1 to 2 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including methods, techniques, materials, tools used in craft installation, maintenance, and repair; and safety practices and procedures.
- Willingness to communicate.
- Motivated to learn and develop additional skills.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 5% sitting, 10% walking, and 85% standing. The job is performed outdoors, indoors, and in various geographic locations.
This position description is subject to review and revision at management’s discretion.