¿Quieres ver esta página en español?
Project Manager Non-Exempt
East & Westbrook Construction, Inc.
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Operations
Plans construction projects and oversees their progress along the way in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner. Responsible for all aspects of planning, organization, implementation, and scheduling of projects. Responsible for taking a project from point of the award to final-close-out and preventing safety incidents, ensuring quality performance, maintaining the project schedule, and delivering excellent customer service. PMs will manage 1-5 projects at a time depending on size, complexity, and geographic location. Some regional travel may be required.
- Implement all aspects of the Corporate Safety Administration/Company Safety Process including the initial conception, implementation, enforcement and monitoring of the complete Safety Program
- Develops the initial “Site Specific Safety Program” during the review of the “Pre-Construction Safety Meeting” along with project specifications
- Solicits the input of the Health and Safety Department regarding what anticipated safety requirements will be needed for the Project
- Estimates project foreseeable safety requirements and costs and include with the estimate
- Oversees and directs construction projects from conception to completion
- Adheres to all quality policies and procedures as outlined by E&W and the customer
- Reviews the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and subcontractors
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with safety regulations, plans, specifications, and revisions
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment, and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on a daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Obtain permits and licenses as required
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good communication and organization.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and customer-focused
- Proven working experience in construction project management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means, and method
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work as part of a goal-oriented team
Policy and Procedure Compliance:
Comply with all policies and procedures as well as policies relating to safety and working safely, according to all written and verbal management team directives, including, but not limited to 1) Employee Handbook
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking, and 45% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations based on seasons and in a generally hazard-free environment.
- Background Check/MVR Check
- Negative Drug Screen (10-panel urinalysis)
This position description is subject to review and revision at management’s discretion.