¿Quieres ver esta página en español?
Form Carpenter Non-Exempt
East & Westbrook Construction, Inc.
Reports to: Foreman
- Despite every effort made by the Company the basic responsibility for employee health and safety rests with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all employees to conduct their work in a safe and healthful manner.
- Works in accordance with good safety practices as directed by federal, state, and local laws, codes, and standards, as well as any instructions pertaining to a specific operation/job.
- Accepts responsibility for their own safety and reports all unsafe conditions or acts to their immediate supervisor.
- Reports all accidents or injuries immediately upon occurrence to their supervisor. Reports for medical treatment as directed.
- Refrains from any unsafe acts that may endanger themselves or others.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or unsafe personal acts to their supervisor immediately.
- Participates in an accident investigation as requested.
- Wears appropriate attire and footwear for the work environment to be encountered.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as required and maintains it in a serviceable condition.
- Installation of forms for placing concrete and grout.
- Assists with the proper installation of reinforcing, anchors, and imbeds.
- Is familiar with all safe work practices for hand tools and power tools if trained.
- Knowledgeable of elevations and has the ability to help shoot grades.
- Uses Levels: site, laser, transit, etc.
- Accurately measures, cuts and installs materials.
- Assists with concrete placement on footings, walls, flatwork, and grade work.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 1-2 years of industry experience.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include methods, techniques, materials, tools used in carpentry installation, maintenance, and repair; and safety practices and procedures.
- Good communication and organization.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and customer-focused.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 75% sitting, 10% walking,
and 15% standing. The job is performed outdoors, indoors, and in various geographic locations.
This position description is subject to review and revision at management’s discretion.