¿Quieres ver esta página en español?
East & Westbrook Construction, Inc.
Reports to: Foreman
- Despite every effort made by the Company the basic responsibility for employee health and safety rests with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all employees to conduct their work in a safe and healthful manner.
- Works in accordance with good safety practices as directed by federal, state and local laws, codes and standards, as well as any instructions pertaining to a specific operation/job.
- Accepts responsibility for their own safety and reports all unsafe conditions or acts to their immediate supervisor.
- Reports all accidents or injuries immediately upon occurrence to their supervisor. Reports for medical treatment as directed.
- Refrains from any unsafe acts that may endanger themselves or others.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or unsafe personal acts to their supervisor immediately.
- Participates in an accident investigation as requested.
- Wears appropriate attire and footwear for the work environment to be encountered.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as required and maintains it in a serviceable condition.
- Directs the organized placement of concrete to proper elevations.
- Ability to take flat work pour from prep to completion.
- Installation of forms for placing concrete and grout.
- Assists in establishing grades for slopes, flatness and ADA requirements.
- Directs pours and finishes edges of a concrete slab pour.
- Ability to hand finish edges, pipes, drains and other obstacles in flatwork pours.
- Proper installation of subgrade, reinforcing and placement of concrete using grade nails, stakes and rails per job specification.
- Uses Levels: site, laser, transit etc. to set grades on flatwork.
- Knowledge and expertise in using a bull float and finish broom.
- Place and finish concrete of any type; Trowel, Broom, Exposed.
- Patch and finish any type of repair work.
- Ability to pull a screed board (single, two-man, vibra-screed).
- Runs walk-behind Trowel Machine.
- Uses soft-cut saw effectively and safely.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- No less than 1 to 2 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: methods, techniques, materials, tools used in craft installation, maintenance, and repair; and safety practices and procedures.
- Willingness to communicate.
- Motivated to learn and develop additional skills.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking, and 45% standing. The job is performed outdoors, indoors, and in various geographic locations.
This position description is subject to review and revision at management’s discretion.